- Graduation: Medical Faculty, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia; 1987-1995. MD.
- Residency: University Clinic for Gynecology and Obstetrics; University Clinical Centre, Skopje
- Fellowship: 1998-2002 Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Doctoral studies: Medical Faculty, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje
- Doctoral studies in Public Health: 2011-2013
- English, Serbian, Macedonian, Croatian, Slovenian.
- 15+ Years
- Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Macedonia (ZGOM)
- International Federation of Gynecologists and Obstetricians (FIGO)
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO)
- European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE)
- International Gynecologic Cancer Society (IGCS)
- International Menopause Society (IMC)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
- General Info
- Book an Appointment
Dr. Aleksandra has more than 15 years of experience working at the University Clinical Centre in Skopje, Specialized Obstetrical and Gynecological Hospital, the First Private General Hospital Re-Medika in Skopje and the University Medical Centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Her leading goal is to provide her patients with quality care in a patient centric, calm and compassionate fashion. In addition to providing high standards in medical care, she provides a distinct focus on the importance of the patient-physician relationship.
Her practice focuses on providing prenatal diagnosis and treatment, regular ultrasound screenings, combined antenatal screenings and non-invasive prenatal testing, management of high risk pregnancies, normal vaginal deliveries, instrumental deliveries and cesarean sections.
She also provides operative care, counseling, and surgical alternatives to women who require, or may be considering gynecologic surgery. There is a focus on minimally invasive surgery in the practice and advanced laparoscopic techniques are employed. In addition to traditional outcomes evaluation of operative procedures, there is also a focus on cosmetic and quality of life outcomes for patients who require surgery
Dr. Aleksandra’s practice also focuses in the care of women who are at elevated risk to develop cancer based on an abnormal Pap smear, her personal medical history, or family history of cancer.
A large portion of her practice is devoted to family planning and contraceptive counseling, management of menopausal symptoms, premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphonic disorder, abnormal uterine bleeding, alternatives to hysterectomy; polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), evaluation of ovarian cysts, STD, PID; reproductive endocrinology and infertility services.
Over the years Dr. Shopova has lectured nationally, internationally and through the national media in her native country. As a scientist she has served as an investigator in numerous clinical trials relating to medical treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding and Human Papillomaviruses and associated diseases. She is a trained educator for long-term contraception (IUS-LNG) as well as for Human Papillomaviruses prevention and treatment.
Specialized Training and Courses:
- Basic and advanced course on Gynecologic Endoscopic surgery and advanced training in laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery; University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Advanced trainings in vaginal surgery and Gynecology oncology; University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Ian Donald School. Advances in Ultrasound in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Neonatology; Inter-university School of Ultrasound
- Workshop and advanced training in colposcopy; Vienna, Austria.
Cooper Health Clinic Al Wasl
Villa 1166, Al Wasl Road
Umm Suqeim 2
United Arab Emirates
Saturday to Thursday - 8:30am to 6:00pm